Back in 2020 (one of the most hectic years many of us have experienced), N&S opened for our second chapbook submissions period. Between the global chaos and issues that hit closer to home, our decisions for these and other pending submissions have been a long time coming.
We are so grateful to each and every author who sent in their work—compiling this list was made incredibly difficult by the quality of each and every manuscript. With every batch of submissions we receive, we’re faced with the inevitable heartbreak of having to turn away work that speaks to us. We truly wish we could accept all of the below titles and more!
As always, manuscripts were reviewed without identifying information, so it was especially exciting to find that a few of our former contributors were the authors behind these works—and even more so to discover several names that are entirely new to us here at N&S!
From the following manuscripts, we’ll make our final selections, which will be published by Nightingale & Sparrow Press.
- Aquarius Rising – Bernadette R. Giacomazzo
- BEHIND THE GHOST METROPOLIS – Asper Blurry
- Bough Break – Jessica Hudson
- inside the pale – Christine Brooks
- knick-knacks/ things no one is saying – Sarah Jean Valiquette
- Melodies of the Oppressed – Chris L. Butler
- A Moon in Gemini – Rachel Boury Baxter
- The Moon is never as bright as it appears – Marchell Dyon
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis – Miriam Hilmi
- Relapses of spiny desires – Eleni Cay
- A Sorrow of Ghosts – Amanda Crum
- The Unaccounted for Circles of Hell – Lynne Schmidt
- Water Damage – M.E. Gallucci
- We Could Be Free – Mollie Williamson